Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Daddy!"

Here is a quick "day 2" update from Jeff...

Day 2 was a long one. We got to go see the kids in the morning. Kristen went to see Mihiretu, and I went in another car to go pick up Tigist. Right when I walked in the room, she jumped up and ran to me and jumped in my arms yelling daddy! Then about twenty other kids tried to do the same thing. They were all yelling daddy to me. We then went over and met up with Kristen and Mihiretu. Mihiretu was fussy all day, he was not in a good mood and just was having a bad day. Tigist was good for a while, but I think Mihiretu put a cramp in her style too, and she was fussy for about twenty minutes.

Tigist is a character though. She likes playing tricks. She pretends she loses her coin, and then when we go to help her look for it, she pulls it out of her pocket and laughs at us. She has a lot of personality. After we dropped the kids off, we were taken to the main office, where we met with the social worker, doctor, and nannies of both of our kids. We were able to ask them any questions we wanted. Then they showed us a video of Mihiretu and Tigist birth family. They actually went to where they live, filmed and interviewed the father, and showed the house and plot of land they have. It was really not at all what we expected. We were really surprised how much information they gave us, and it was emotional. We get a copy of it so you will get to see it. They ask the father quite a few questions, and we found out quite a bit that we didn't know. We have been very impressed with the agency so far. Tomorrow we are heading down south to hopefully meet the birth father and ask him our own questions. Hope all is well. Take care.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness. Dan and I just got out of bed this morning to come check the blog for updates. I thought you should know that within the first few sentences I was in tears. What an awesome story and a perfect way to start the day. I sounds like our little Tigist already has Daddy wrapped around her finger within the first few minutes. This blog was such an awesome idea. We can't wait to meet our two little additions and we will continue our prayers. Miss you both and see you soon!

~Chelsey and Dan

Emily said...

Many many congratulations to your beautiful family!! It was absolutely amazing reading the story. I can't wait to meet them!

JeanieNaBottle said...

Im so excited with the reaction your getting from them! I am so happy for you guys! Can you believe it? Your moms and dads now!

Love
Jeanie